Individuals should do three key things to prepare for a potential emergency:
- Put together an emergency supply kit
- Make a family emergency plan
- Be informed about the different types of emergencies that could occur and the appropriate responses that should go with them.
Pivoi is here to help you fulfill your Emergency Supply Kit the best way we can. As a registered brand in the United States, Pivoi continues to focus on researching, designing and developing authentic and reliable devices, accessories, and smart products for you, the people. We thrive on the reliability of our products, thereby bridging the gap between people and technology. Our pivotal goal is to provide unmatched customer experience through the good times and the bad with constant evolution. Pivoi believes that with our determined efforts, we will attain your satisfaction and appreciation to help you get through everyday life not only because it’s essential, but because we care.
We should be prepared with basic supplies on hand in order to survive for at least three days if an emergency should happen. To assemble your emergency and storm essentials kit, pack items in easy to carry airtight bags or containers. Here is a list of basic items that emergency supply kits should include. We suggest that individuals review this list and pack accordingly based on the unique needs of their family and location
Individuals should also consider having at least two emergency supply kits, one full kit at home, and another smaller portable kit in your vehicle, workplace, or other places you may spend time.
Simple Supplies Kit
A very basic Emergency Supply Kit and/or Storm Supply Kit can consist of the following items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day): It is recommended you have enough for (3) days for drinking and sanitation purposes. Don’t forget to include additional water for your pet.
- Non-Perishable Foods (3) Day supply
- Battery-Powered Radio and NOAA Weather Alert Tone
- First Aid Kit
- Batteries + Extra Batteries and Rechargeable Batteries
- Dust Face Mask (this will help you filter contaminated air)
- Blowing Whistle (in case you need to signal for help)
- Can Opener Tool (Manual)
- Toilet Paper, Moist Towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties (use this for personal sanitation)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Plastic Sheets and Duct Tape (you will use this to create a shelter if needed)
- Map (Local to your area)
- Mobile Phone with Charger
- Backup Power Banks (use these for Cell Phone, charge other electronics to use if your power goes out)
- Pliers or wrench (you will need these to shut off any utilities that may be running)
Additional Supplies to add to your Kit:
- Infant Formula + Diapers
- Pet Food (include enough water)
- Cash or Travelers Checks and some change
- Fire Extinguisher
- Feminine Supplies for personal hygiene
- Sleeping Bag and Warm Blanket for each person
- Emergency reference material such as the First Aid book
- Extra change of clothing (include: Long-Sleeved Shirt, Long Pants,
- Sturdy Shoes, additional Jackets (if you are in colder weather)
- Bleach or household Chlorine and medicine dropper – when diluted nine parts water to 1 part bleach this can be used as a disinfectant. In case of emergency, you can also use this to treat your water by using Sixteen drops of unscented liquid bleach per full gallon of water. We do not recommend color-safe bleaches, scented or bleach with added cleaners.
- Paper & Pencil
- Paper Plates, Cups, Plastic Cutlery, Paper Towels
- Portable Neck Fan